Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We all scream for ice cream!





The heat has been intense...New York was in the high 90s today! I decided it was important to get my favorite ice cream to cool down. I headed to Van Leeuwen, the gourmet ice cream truck in Soho, on Greene and Prince. Having ice cream on a cone brings me back to being a kid again, as you can see by the smile on my face. All the flavors are rich and creamy, and the beauty of them is that they use local and fresh ingredients. They have great simple flavors, such as strawberry and vanilla but also include ginger and red currants for the more adventurous customers. A portion of their proceeds goes to the protection of wildlife in the Congo...indulging has never tasted so good! Check out the ice cream truck if you're in the neighborhood. Luvs...B

No comments:

Post a Comment