Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bday Dinner @ Fish

We hit up Fish, a seafood restaurant in the West Village for Ahmed's birthday. It was a recommendation by one of my coworkers...and was perfect...it's a casual small spot hidden on Bleecker close to 7th Ave. It doesn't take reservations on Friday and Saturdays, but we got a couple seats at the bar and enjoyed our cocktails with peanuts and oysters while we waited for a table. My brother was in town and decided to join us for our feast, so we were able to order and try even more dishes from the menu. To start we ordered the king crab legs, shrimp cocktail and buffalo shrimp (sorry no pics, my stomach took over my motor skills). The crab was awesome, and the buffalo shrimp was surprisingly good! For dinner, the bday boy ordered the lobster which came whole in it's shell along with a cool bib! I ordered the lobster roll, which the lobster was tasty, but the bun definitely needs to be changed out from a plain piece of white bread that gets soggy quick! And my brother ordered the fish and chips...it was really tasty, the tartar sauce was delish. As a side we all split the lobster mashed potatoes which sounds way more appealing than it actually was...it was basically potato buds from a box with lobster bisque poured over the top...you could for sure skip this side. But all in all this is a great find...and to top it off, my coworker that recommended the place was there too! lol...Loved it and I will be returning soon. xo, B
The Bday boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment