Monday, August 9, 2010

Fall 2010 Picks - Sweaters

It's still blazing hot in NYC...I can't step out of my apartment without breaking a sweat these days, but that doesn't stop me from fantasizing about all these warm cozy Fall pieces that I will need (notice the word need in italics...because obvi that term is being used loosely, lol). I've already made a decision to stop buying anything summer, even though some of the sales going on right now are hard to pass up. But, I'm going to try really really hard to be good...because I have a laundry list of Fall items I'm crushing on. I meant to start the week off with a lust-worthy sweater post...but you know how Mondays get, they drag until you don't realize its the end of the day! So here it goes...sweaters are a staple in my closet, and they're the perfect layer and accent piece for the in between Fall months. These are a few amazing sweaters I've found perusing my fave sites. This first one pictured above is by McQ from net-a-porter...love the structured knit and big collar...great as a light weight jacket for breezy September days.
Next up, is this blinged out men's cardigan by Wayne, which I found on la garconne. It's perfect for those grungy laid back days where you throw on a burnout tee and chucks, and the cardi just rocks it out.


Yummy...this Marc by MJ Orion Blanket sweater from Saks is so cozy, I will for sure want to be wearing this all through to the colder months...especially when I start wearing a lot of black, this will bring the right amount of color to an outfit.



J.Crew is right on with their styles and colors lately. The Rimini sweater is a great update to the traditional cardi, and I can't get enough of this burnt orange/brown color. The asymetrical zip and side ruching is totally flattering to any figure which is always a positive.



Loving this Free People Navajo cardi...the print and colors are so unique, it is a fun addition to any wardrobe. I can see a preppy look with jeans and loafers or spruced up to create a trendy version with leggings and boots.



Lastly is the fun Stonage Cardigan by Plastic Island which I found on shopbop. It looks so soft to the touch but will bring a little glam with it's fur like texture. All these sweaters are definitely show stoppers, but they are unique enough too that they can be worn over most day to night looks. Versatility is the name of the fashionista game...lol, I crack myself up. Loving it...xo, B

No comments:

Post a Comment